The First Presbyterian Church of Bushnell was originally organized in 1856. After struggling as a small group for 3 years, the congregation decided to disband in 1859. Then, on April 25th, 1868 the church was reorganized.
The first church building was completed in 1869 with a dedication service held on August 29th of the same year. The church faced Hurst Street with the manse on the corner of Hurst and Dean. In 1903 .it was decided that the church should be remodeled. The church and manse were moved to face Dean Street with the church on the corner. Two wings and a gallery on the back of the church were also added. A brick veneer, a first for Bushnell, and large stained glass windows were installed. At this time the main auditorium held 600 people.
In March of 1906. the church saw the addition of 35 members from the recently disbanded reformed church. A Kimball pipe organ and it's alcove were erected in 1907 as a memorial.
The spring of 1917 was the beginning of the last edition to the main church. This addition housed the Sunday school rooms with three on the main floor and six on the balcony level. Also included is this addition was a basement in Memorial Hall including a kitchen, restrooms, coat room and ample space for the church's social activities.
The next major renovation occurred in 1970 when the main auditorium was remodeled. Pews were removed and replaced with a layout that provided a center isle, and the ceiling was lowered and suspended. It was also at this time that the pulpit and choir loft were rearranged to today's appearance.
2004 saw the opening of the Community Christian Center. Built to serve the entire Bushnell community, the building is large enough to house a full basketball court or large dining area, and contains a spacious kitchen, weight training and exercise room, chapel, and conference room. The CCC faces West Main Street on property which adjoins the original church property and was constructed with memorials and donations from church members.